Part-time College Counselor
We seek exceptionally qualified candidates for the position of Private College Counselor. This is a great opportunity for full- or part-time employment or supplemental income, with caseloads ranging anywhere from 5 to 25 students. Counselors can be based anywhere in the country and enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Pay is between $150 and $250 per hour, depending on experience.
Hybrid Program College Counselor
We seek exceptionally qualified candidates for the position of Hybrid Program College Counselor. This is a fully remote, half-time position, with a caseload of roughly 15 students per graduating class year. Counselors can be based anywhere in the country and enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Pay is c. $40,000.
Successful candidates for these positions must have:
- Extensive experience in high school college counseling (preferably some college admissions experience too)
- A keen understanding of the complexities of today’s selective college admissions process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort working with both parents and students
- In-depth knowledge and a record of having visited hundreds of colleges across the country
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfort working with clients in-person and remotely
- The willingness to remain exceptionally responsive to client schedules and needs.
In addition to these qualifications, our counselors are expected to:
- Be self-aware, confident, highly organized individuals passionate about helping young people find their voices and chart their futures
- Able to strike the perfect mix of meticulousness, sensitivity, and diplomacy, to build trust and rapport while conveying exceptional competence, composure, and control
- Have great instincts for managing client anxiety and stress, the ability to deal with a driven and often demanding clientele, and the acuity to head off problems before they arise
- Know their own strengths and weaknesses, possessing a high degree of professionalism and expertise, while also knowing when to reach out to others for input and advice
- Be of strong character, able to gracefully negotiate complex family dynamics and maintain a strong ethical code
- Be excited about working for a small company, with flexible hours and individualized potential for personal and financial growth
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.